1. Your obligations
1.1 To accurately give us all the information we request (where necessary in writing) at least 10 working days prior to the start of your event.
1.2 To sign the event confirmation within 10 working days of your receipt of it to confirm that you agree to the information detailed on it and to these terms and conditions. Failure to do so may result in the space being released by us.
1.3 To advise the venue in writing of any inaccuracies made on the event confirmation or any other document within 48 hours of receipt of it. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document in accordance with this clause.
1.4 To obtain agreement from us in writing to any changes to the event confirmation.
2. Variations to the price
All prices quoted or listed by us are based on the prices ruling at the time of quotation and do not constitute an order or a binding figure. Prices may be subject to adjustment prior to the service being provided to cover any increase in such prices or increases in taxation or duty or increases in the cost of labour. Prices may also be adjusted in the event of the booking being reduced in duration or number of persons attending. Please note that changes and errors occasionally occur and the venue reserves the right to correct errors in confirmed prices.
3. Payment Terms
The Charges shall be paid to the Company in consideration for the exclusive use by the Guest of the Venue during the Exclusive Period. Any additional requirements and services, whether stated above or otherwise notified to the Company, shall be agreed and charged separately.
(a) A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the contracted value shall be paid to the Company to secure the booking.
(b) A further deposit of 50% of the contracted value 6 months prior to the event date
(c) The balance of the Charges shall be paid in full to the Company no less than 30 days prior to the start of the Exclusive Period and otherwise in such instalments and at such times as agreed with the Company.
4. The amount of the Expected Food and Drink Expenditure is an estimate, calculated in accordance with the number of guests. If the Guest incurs a higher food and drink bill than has been estimated, the difference shall be paid by credit card on the date of departure, together with any other outstanding charges. If the total food and drink bill is lower than estimated and the Expected Food and Drink Expenditure is not stated to be a “minimum spend” above, then the difference shall be reimbursed to the Guest on leaving the venue, subject to the Company’s right to set off any such amount against any other outstanding sums owed by the Guest.
5. On arrival at the Venue, the Guest will be required to provide details of a valid credit card (Card). In the event that any additional charges incurred in connection with this agreement are not paid to the Company on the date of departure, or as otherwise agreed by the parties, the Guest hereby authorises the Company to deduct all outstanding sums from the Card.
If the Guest wishes to cancel the reservation, written notice must be given to the Company (Cancellation Notice). A cancellation fee (Cancellation Fee) may be charged in accordance with the following provisions of this clause:
(a) If the Cancellation Notice is received by the Company 60 days or more but less than 90 days before the start of the Exclusive Period, the Cancellation Fee will be 50% of the Charges;
(b) If the Cancellation Notice is received by the Company 30 days or more but less than 60 days before the start of the Exclusive Period, the Cancellation Fee will be 75% of the Charges;
(c) If the Cancellation Notice is received by the Company less than 30 days before the start of the Exclusive Period, the Cancellation Fee will be 100% of the Charges.
(d) Should the number of guests fall within 72 hours of the event there will be a 100% charge for their meals
The amount of any Cancellation Fee due shall be deemed to be reduced by the amount of any 3
payments already made by the Guest. The Cancellation Fee shall be paid to the Company within 14 days of the date of the notice requesting such.
7. The Company may terminate this agreement forthwith on written notice in the event that:
(a) The Guest enters into liquidation or bankruptcy, has a receiver or administrative receiver appointed, or enters into any arrangement for the benefit of its creditors; or
(b) A part of or all of the Venue is closed or rendered unavailable due to a cause beyond the Company’s control and such closure or unavailability renders the Company unable to perform its obligations under this agreement.
8. In the event of any termination by the Company pursuant to clause 7 above, the Company shall be under no liability to the Guest for any loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of opportunity or any special, indirect or consequential damage suffered by the Guest in consequence of the termination (this shall be without prejudice to any rights of either party against the other in respect of any claim accrued under this agreement down to the date of such termination). Nothing in this agreement shall limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
9. Subject to clause 8, the Company’s total liability arising under or in connection with this agreement, whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, shall be limited to the amount of the Charges.
10. You will be liable for the cost of repairs carried out as a result of any damages caused to any part of the venue or equipment thereon by the negligence or wilful act or default of any person invited by you or on your behalf to the venue. Adequate insurance is recommended. Details of the policy offered are available from us. In certain circumstances, and at our sole discretion, we will require sight of an insurance policy prior to finalizing your booking.
11. We reserve the right to arrange alternative accommodation of a similar or higher standard off site if the circumstance arises that we are unable to accommodate your booking in part or in whole.
12. Please obtain written permission from us in advance of your arrival if:-
i. you intend to bring electrical equipment to the venue (these must be PAT tested and certificated)
ii. there is a safety risk associated with anything you want to bring to the venue
iii you wish to attach or stick anything to the walls, ceiling or the floor of any room in the venue.
13. You may not invite any member of the general public to the venue without the prior written consent of us. We reserve the right to object to the employment of any supplier in connection to your event.
14. No food or beverage of any kind (including alcohol) may be brought onto the premises at the Venue without prior written approval from us. Corkage charges will apply to alcoholic beverages not supplied by us and charges will be applied to your final bill if any evidence of these is found – either brought on site by you or any of your guests. Corkage charges of £2 per item will be applied to alcoholic miniature favours brought onto the venue’s premises. We also reserve the right to terminate the event at any stage if evidence is found that alcohol has been bought onto the venue by you or any of your guests.
15. We must comply with certain licensing and statutory regulations regarding the sale of alcohol and entertainment and we require you to fulfil your obligations in this respect.
16. Within seven days of the occurrence of any damage to the Property or injury to any person on the Property during the Exclusive Period that is in any way the fault of the Guest or any other person at the Venue expressly or impliedly with his authority, the Guest must make good the same or pay to the Company or the person injured full compensation in money for such damage.
17. The Company retains control, possession and management of the Venue at all times and the Guest has no right to exclude the Company from the Venue. The Guest must not impede in any way the Company or its officers, employees or agents in the exercise of the Company’s rights of possession and control of the Venue.
18. The Guest acknowledges that no relationship of landlord and tenant is created or intended to be created between the Company and the Guest by this agreement.
19. The Guest must abide by any specific rules and regulations set by the Company or by any regulatory authority and must comply with the terms of any licenses in place relating to the Venue, 4
including but not limited to premises licenses and licenses for the playing of music.
20. The Guest may not assign or sublicense the whole or any part of the rights conferred by this agreement, which are personal to the Guest.
21. The Guest must not do anything at the Venue in such a way as to cause damage to the Venue or nuisance, annoyance, disturbance, inconvenience, injury or damage to the Company or its tenants or the owners or occupiers of adjacent or neighbouring property.
22. The Guest must keep the Company fully indemnified against all losses arising directly or indirectly out of any act, omission or negligence of the Guest, or any persons at the Venue expressly or impliedly with his authority, or any breach or non-observance by the Guest of the obligations, conditions or other provisions of this agreement.
23. The Guest must not do or omit to do anything that could cause any insurance policy on or in relation to the Venue to become wholly or partly void
Valid for 12 months from date of purchase.